snacks by Shira vol. 68: paleo churro plantain chips
1 green plantain, sliced lengthwise
3 Tbsp ghee, melted
1 tsp coconut sugar
1 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp vanilla extract
optional topping: melted dark chocolate
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Remove the plantain peel by chopping off both ends and making a shallow slit along the long seam of the plantain.
- Slice the plantain lengthwise and in half. Create thin slices using a mandoline.
- In a bowl, toss the slices in ghee, coconut sugar, cinnamon, and vanilla extract. Place the slices on a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Roast for 10-15 minutes, flipping once, or until golden.
- Optional: drizzle with melted dark chocolate.