Snacks by Shira vol 84: paleo egg cauliflower sushi
3/4 a head of cauliflower
1 Tbsp rice vinegar
1 Tbsp toasted sesame oil
1 tsp coconut aminos
4 nori sheets
2 large cucumbers, sliced thin
3 carrots, sliced thin
4 large eggs, beaten
EVOO or avocado oil for the pan
bamboo sushi rolling mat
- Cut the cauliflower into small florets, then pulse in a food processor until the pieces are the size of couscous (you should have about 2 cups).
- Steam the riced cauliflower over boiling water for 5 minutes and cool.
- Transfer cauliflower rice to a bowl, add in rice vinegar, sesame oil, and coconut aminos and mix until well combined.
- Grease pan and place on low heat. Gently pour in egg mixture. When the bottom of the omelet starts to lightly brown, lift one side of the omelet up and roll it up tightly like a sleeping bag.
- To make a roll, lay nori sheet on top of rolling mat. Spoon 1/2 cup cauliflower rice on nori and spread evenly into a rectangle, leaving a one-inch space at one end without cauliflower.
- Place 1/4 of the filling in a row on the end of the nori where the cauliflower rice comes to the edge.
- Roll the sushi using the bamboo mat as if you’re rolling up a sleeping bag tightly, starting with the side with all the fillings.
- When you get to the end, remove the mat, and slice the roll using a sharp knife into bite sized pieces.
- Repeat until you finish your filling.