Snacks by Shira vol 81: paleo sweet potato latkes
makes 2-4 servings
2 sweet potatoes, coarsely grated (*most recipes call for peeled potato, but I left the skin on for added fiber)
4 tablespoons tapioca starch
1/2 cup onion, coarsely grated
2 Tbsp fresh dill
3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees and prepare and baking sheet.
- Coarsely grate potato and onion (I used the pulse setting on my food processor, but you can always use a hand grater). Gather in a large paper towel or a nut milk bag over the sink, and squeeze firmly to wring out as much liquid as you can. Do this a couple times to make sure you get all the water out.Toss in a bowl.
- Add in dill, eggs, tapioca starch, and salt. Using your hands, mix together until well combined.
- In a large pan, heat oil over medium heat. Spoon 1/4 cup of the mixture in the pan, and press down lightly with a spatula to make a pancake. Cook until golden brown on one side (about 3 minutes). Turn over and repeat on the other side. Transfer golden latkes to baking sheet in oven.
- Repeat with remaining pancake mixture. Continue adding oil to the pan between batches.
- Serve immediately or keep warm in the oven.