Snacks by Shira vol. 80 paleo chocolate orange fudge bites
makes 15-20 bites
for the crust
1 cup coconut flour
1/2 cup coconut oil, melted
1/4 cup maple syrup
pinch of sea salt
for the fudge layer
1/3 cup cashew butter
1/3 cup coconut butter
3 Tbsp maple syrup
juice of 1/2 orange
zest of 1/2 orange
- For the crust: place the flour, coconut oil, maple syrup and sea salt in a food processor and pulse until soft dough forms.
- Flatten the dough into a rectangular (8 x 10) baking dish and set aside in fridge.
- For the fudge layer: add cashew butter, coconut butter, maple syrup, and orange juice into a high speed blender or food processor and pulse until even.
- Spread the fudge layer over the crust in the baking dish.
- Place the baking dish in the freezer for at least 20 minutes in the freezer or one hour in the fridge.
- Cut into squares and top with orange zest.