snacks by Shira vol. 56: paleo cashew fudge bites
makes 15-20 bites
for the crust
1 cup coconut flour
1/2 cup coconut oil, melted
1/4 cup maple syrup
pinch of sea salt
for the fudge layer
1/3 cup cashew butter
1/3 cup coconut butter
3 Tbsp maple syrup
1 tsp vanilla extract
juice of 1/2 lemon
zest of 1/2 lemon
1/3 cup raw cashews, coarsely chopped
- For the crust: place the flour, coconut oil, maple syrup and sea salt in a food processor and pulse until soft dough forms.
- Flatten the dough into a rectangular (8 x 10) baking dish and set aside in fridge.
- For the fudge layer: add cashew butter, coconut butter, maple syrup, vanilla extract, and lemon juice into a high speed blender or food processor and pulse until even.
- Spread the fudge layer over the crust in the baking dish. Top the fudge layer with the coarsely chopped cashews and press down with the back of a spoon until cashews are submerged in the fudge.
- Place the baking dish in the freezer for at least 20 minutes in the freezer or one hour in the fridge.
- Cut into squares and top with lemon zest.