snacks by Shira vol. 77: paleo tortilla soup
2 Tbsp ghee
1 large white onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
4 cups chicken stock
14 oz fire roasted tomatoes (I like Muir Glenn)
1 rotisserie chicken
1 jalapeño, finely diced
juice of 1 lime
tortilla strips (I like Siete cassava & chia tortillas)
smoked sea salt
- Melt ghee in a large Dutch oven over medium heat. Once melted, add in the onions and cook until translucent, for about 4-6 minutes.
- Add the minced garlic and jalapeño. Sauté for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the chicken stock and fire roasted tomatoes, bring to a medium boil.
- Once at a medium boil, add in pieces of rotisserie chicken and the juice of 1 lime.
- Season to your liking with cayenne, cumin, garlic powder, and paprika. Cover and bring to simmer for 15-20 minutes.
- Divide into servings and garnish with optional toppings.