snacks by Shira vol. 52: roasted eggplant with tahini
1 large eggplant or two small ones
3 Tbsp EVOO
1 tsp cumin
1 tsp paprika
1 tsp sumac
pinch of sea salt
pinch of black pepper
for the tahini dressing
1/4 cup tahini
1 clove garlic
1/4 tsp sea salt
juice of 1 lemon
3 Tbsp water
optional toppings: roasted pistachios and pomegranate seeds
- Preheat oven to 425.
- Slice the eggplant into 1/2 inch slices.
- Toss with EVOO, cumin, paprika, sumac, sea salt and black pepper, coating both sides evenly.
- Place in one layer on a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Roast for 25 minutes, flipping once, or until golden.
- Top with tahini dressing, roasted pistachios, and pomegranate seeds.