snacks by Shira vol. 38: paleo raspberry layered bars
Probably my favorite dessert on here to date.
makes 12 bars
for the crust
1 cup almond or hazelnut flour (coconut flour works great too)
1/2 cup coconut oil, melted
1/2 cup maple syrup
1 tsp vanilla extract
for the raspberry filling
4 cups raspberries
2 Tbsp coconut sugar
2 Tbsp psyllium husk
2 tsp tapioca starch
2 tsp lemon juice
2 tsp lemon zest
for the streusel
1/2 cup hazelnut flour
1 Tbsp coconut oil, melted
1 Tbsp maple syrup
pinch of sea salt
pinch of lemon zest
- Preheat oven to 350.
- For the crust: place the flour, coconut oil, maple syrup and vanilla extract in a food processor and pulse until soft dough forms.
- Flatten the dough into a rectangular (8 x 10) baking dish and set aside in fridge.
- For the raspberry filling: add raspberries, coconut sugar, psyllium husk, tapioca starch, lemon juice and lemon zest into a high speed blender and blend until even.
- Pour the raspberry layer over the crust in the baking dish. Set aside in fridge.
- For the streusel: add hazelnut flour, coconut oil, maple syrup, sea salt, and lemon zest into a food processor and pulse until even. Sprinkle streusel over the raspberry layer in the baking dish.
- Bake all three layers together at 350 for 25 minutes, until streusel is lightly crispy.
- Remove from oven and refrigerate for at least one hour before cutting into bars.