snacks by Shira vol. 33: paleo gingerbread cookies
for the cookies
1 cup hazelnut flour (or almond flour)
1 cup tapioca starch
3/4 cup coconut sugar
1 Tbsp ground cinnamon
1 Tbsp ground ginger
1/2 tsp ground cloves
1/2 tsp sea salt
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 cup ghee, melted
1 Tbsp molasses
for the icing
7 Tbsp coconut oil, melted and still warm
1 Tbsp maple syrup
1 Tbsp mucuna pruriens (or substitute with your favorite superfood powder, it will just give you a different color)
2 tsp vanilla extract
- Add all of the dry ingredients into the food processor or high-speed blender and pulse until even. Add the ghee, molasses, and egg to the dry ingredients and mix until well combined.
- Place dough in freezer for 30-45 minutes.
- Prepare frosting by mixing ingredients until well combined and chilling in fridge for 15 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Once the dough is firm, cut cookies into desired shapes and place on parchment lined baking sheets, arranging cookies evenly about 1 inch apart.
- Bake cookies for 9-11 minutes, or until bottoms are golden.
makes around 15 cookies