- 4-6 luciano kale leaves, center ribs and stems removed
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- ½ cup fresh basil leaves, lightly packed
- juice and zest of 1½ lemons
- ¼ cup pistachio nuts, shelled (or walnuts)
- ½ cup macadamia nut oil (or EVOO)
- sea salt to taste
- Blanch kale in a large pot of boiling salted water, about 1 minute. Drain and place in ice bath; squeeze out excess water, and dry with a clean kitchen towel.
- Transfer kale to a food processor, add garlic, basil, pistachio nuts, oil, lemon juice and zest; pulse until coarsely chopped. Season with salt. Makes about 1 cup pesto.
I love pesto on everything from open-faced sandwiches to eggs.