cauliflower rice sushi
I've been ultra inspired by the whole cauliflower rice craze. Below is one of my new all-time favorite recipes in honor or pride month.
See the full story on LaurenConrad.com
3/4 a head of cauliflower (I used purple here, but any color works!)
1 Tbsp rice vinegar
1 Tbsp toasted sesame oil
1 tsp coconut aminos
4 nori sheets
1 large bell pepper, sliced thin
3 carrots, sliced matchstick
1 cup sprouts
bamboo sushi rolling mat
- Cut the cauliflower into small florets, then pulse in a food processor until the pieces are the size of couscous (you should have about 2 cups).
- Steam the riced cauliflower over boiling water for 5 minutes and cool.
- Transfer cauliflower rice to a bowl, add in rice vinegar, sesame oil, and coconut aminos and mix until well combined.
- To make a roll, lay nori sheet on top of rolling mat. Spoon 1/2 cup cauliflower rice on nori and spread evenly into a rectangle, leaving a one-inch space at one end without cauliflower.
- Place 1/4 of the filling in a row on the end of the nori where the cauliflower rice comes to the edge.
- Roll the sushi using the bamboo mat as if you’re rolling up a sleeping bag tightly, starting with the side with all the fillings.
- When you get to the end, remove the mat, and slice the roll using a sharp knife into bite sized pieces.
- Repeat until you finish your filling.